Thursday, September 23, 2010

Decorating with Pumpkins (without the knives)

I love, LOVE Halloween. Fall in general but Halloween specifically. Zero family/traveling obligations and an excuse to dress up + endless candy and scary movies = LOVE. Typically I spend the weeks leading up to Halloween visiting the Farmer's Market, basking in the bounty that the season brings and plotting how I'm going to decorate our front porch in preparation for the onslaught of trick-or-treaters.

Which brings me to my dilemma: If Baby arrives on time, he'll be about 2 weeks old when Halloween rolls around. This will surely mean I'll be doing less zero pumpkin carving and more looking after my own little pumpkin this year. But I can't quite let go of the pumpkin decorating craze all together. So these "no carving required" ideas are particularly interesting this year.

By no means do I think I'll be able to accomplish any of these either with a 2 week old baby. But they're still fun. And I can't be the only one out there that loves Fall but hates the messy carving of pumpkins part right?


pumpkins
1. Glittered pumpkins via Apartment Therapy 2. Spray painted pumpkins via Martha Stewart
3 & 4. Pumpkin topiaries via The Style Sisters only require some creative stacking (costumes optional!) 5. Fireplace decor via Martha Stewart 6. Creative use of tacks via Country Home
7. A little hot glue + rick rack via Eddie Ross
8. A black Sharpie will get you far via Country Living

0 Comments: