Thursday, September 16, 2010

Latest Scores: Raleigh Flea Market Finds

This past weekend, I had a marathon flea market session with my partner in crime Nicole at the Raleigh Flea Market. I love the flea market and could seriously go every weekend. I think it's the perfect place to find unique accessories and finishing touches for a room. But I never find as much good loot as when I go with Nicole. I think this is equal parts good coincidence and her uncanny ability to find a use for virtually everything I pick up, thus eliminating that little "but what will I do with this?" voice inside my head.

Here are this weekend's scores:

This capiz bowl was in great condition and the perfect size to hold odds & ends on our nursery changing table. I loved the gold rim on it too. For $1 you really can't go wrong. After nursery duty it will make a nice catchall on my nightstand.

plate

This embroidered ABC art was too good to walk away from (especially at $3). I'm going to re-frame it in maybe a more shadowbox like frame.

alphabet-art3

alphabet-art4

alphabet-art1

alphabet-art2


I was on the lookout for some unique, smaller pieces I could use to style the bookshelves in the nursery. With our loose safari theme, how could I pass these tiny elephant bookends up? They're solid brass and were $5.

elephant-bookends


The last find and biggest splurge of the day at $20 - a very French inspired, shelf/bulletin board/coat rack in a gorgeous deep coral color. This sucker is solid iron and crazy heavy but will get lots of use in our tiny entry from the garage for hanging diaper bags, purses and other gear. Because she's brilliant, Nicole suggested I cover the cork board in the scarce yardage of Chiang Mai Dragon that I am hoarding. That would be gorgeous and a perfect match for the vibrant color. Must decide what would get more use in this spot - bulletin board? Chalk board? Dry erase board? Mirror?

FRENCH-SHELF

All in all a super successful outing. Check out Nicole's post on her scores and some of the other stuff we found and left behind.

0 Comments: