Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ABC's

A couple of weeks ago I saw that Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers posted the "ABCs of PBF" and I thought it was a great idea! Its fun to learn more about other bloggers, so I thought I'd give it a whirl myself.

A. Age: 25

B. Bed Size: Right now I have a Double, but I would love to have a Queen size or even a King size like the one I got at my hotel room in Kingston earlier this month.


C: Chore you hate: Cleaning the bathroom. Scrubbing the tub and floors on my hands and knees is just not my cup of tea. If I could have a clean bathroom all the time without having to do it, I would be unbelievably happy.

D. Dogs: I am 100% a dog person. I love all dogs, but especially my little Chihuahua-Carolina Dog (American Dingo) mix, Whiskey. He is my little buddy and the best roommate I've ever had. I am also in love with a crazy Doberman named Shadow that my family adopted a couple of years ago. Together they are quite the team!


E. Essential start to your day: Any day that I can start with my boyfriend is a great one. We love to make a big batch of oatmeal and share it while watching morning television.

F: Favorite colour: When I was younger it was all about blue, but the last few years I've become a big fan of red. I love its vibrancy and have been using it more and more in my decorating at the apartment.

G: Gold or silver: Silver all the way. I have very few pieces of jewelery that don't have some silver tones in them.

One of my favorite pieces of jewelery are these silver "Rapture" earrings I bought last year. They work great when I'm dressing up and still look simple enough to wear to work.


H. Height: Somewhere between 5'7" and 5'8".

I. Instruments you play: I played the coronet for six years when I was younger, but by the time I was finished high school I lost interest. I've thought about going back to it some day when I don't live in an apartment building and have to worry about people hearing me practice. I also played clarinet, flute, piano, drums and guitar at various times when I was a kid.

J. Job Title: I won't say what exactly my job is, but I work in the film industry.

K. Kids: I don't have any yet, but I definitely want them some day. I'm thinking three, because that is what my family was growing up and it seemed to work out well.

L. Live: Toronto, Ontario

source

M. Mom's name: Debbie

N. Nicknames: Panda Manda, Peanut Brittle, Banana (Little kids struggle with my name sometimes.)

O. Overnight hospital stays: I don't remember ever staying overnight but I have been to the emergency room in the middle of the night before.

P. Pet Peeve: Drivers who don't use a turn signal, especially in busy downtown traffic. It leads to so many accidents a and only takes people a second to do it.

Q. Quote from a movie: This is so hard for a former film student to pin down just one, but right now I'm thinking of one of my favorite lines from Steel Magnolias: "I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special".

I love Steel Magnolias :)

R. Righty or lefty: Righty, but when I was younger I used to be ambidextrous and write some things with one hand and some things with another. I guess that at some point I made the choice.

S. Siblings: A younger sister and a younger brother.


T. Time you wake up: 7:30 am on weekdays and usually 9:30 am on weekends.

U. Underwear: Aerie Boybriefs. I've been wearing them for years and I think I have them in just abut every colour.

V. Vegetables you dislike: This one is a hard one because there are few vegetables that I don't like, but if I had to choose, I would say beets. I'm just indifferent to them. Maybe someday I'll find a recipe that changes my mind on that.


W. What makes you late: I am a notoriously late person. I try not to be, but it just happens. The number one reason that I am usually late is because I try to accomplish too much and don't give myself enough time to do it.  Before I know it I'm running around the apartment like a chicken with my head cut off trying to wrap everything up before I leave. Its one of those things that I am constantly trying to work on improving.

X. X-rays you've had: Thankfully I've never broken any bones, but I have had my stomach x-rayed once years ago. I had to drink this horrible liquid and then lean against this platform that moved around. Quite the odd experience.

Y. Yummy food you make: Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie. If you make one thing this year, I suggest that it is this!


Z. Zoo animal favorite: Elephants! I have always loved watching the way that they move their trunks like an arm. I think it goes back to the days of watching "Dumbo" :)

0 Comments: