Thursday, March 10, 2011

Busy week so far...

The week so far has been a good one, but I'm flagging a bit already!  Tuesday bought a quick dash to Trago Mills to seek out fabric for an up and coming Norman feast re-enactment the home-ed group are organising.  I've got some cheap cream material for the boys tunics, and some blue/turquoise fabric for the girls tunic dresses.  I also got some gold netting for the girls headresses.   Now just need to set about making them.

*At this point Julia silently screams as she has no dressmaking experience at all*

Tuesday afternoon was meant to be set aside for seed planting, but as always with my plans, that didn't happen and we whiled away the hours with a visit from lovely friends instead. I'm not complaining in the slightest, a lovely natter was had and happy children played.

Today we trundled over to visit a fabulous family near Dawlish.  It was our first visit to their home and I hope it is the first of many - we had a truly terrific day with wonderful hostesses.  I felt totally and utterly spoilt, with bacon baps being served, followed by the most delicious home-made chocolate cake that tasted just divine.  As our friends live very close to the beach, of course it would have been rude not to have explored it.  It was a real blast from the past for me.  I used to live very nearby, and had walked to and from that part of the beach many many times.  Oh how the road down to it has changed though!  Old houses demolished and disappearing car parking spaces,  sad.

I love this place...

Holcombe

With its red sand that was just begging to be dug and played with...

digging


drawing

I love that my children are friends, not just siblings...

friends

and that they are happy to just be children and play - no matter how old they are...

childhood

Chelsea looked so grown up...

growing up

but still feels free enough to run, jump, and love life...

teenager

Off to search for some Norman history links for feast ideas...

0 Comments: