Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting The House In Order for Spring

Spring is around the corner and in a blink of an eye it will all be here too quickly!



We are writing out the lists,
  examining the home repairs,
pulling out the paint,
tackling overdue projects,
sewing for future events,
looking through gardening catalogs
 and packing away some of the winter items.

Most importantly we are dreaming about warmer weather!

I don't like waiting for spring to do alot of the indoor projects because I would rather be outside enjoying the weather then and find it much harder to commit to doing things inside when I would rather be basking in the sun somewhere working in the yard.

We are thinking far ahead--what do we want this spring/summer to look like?

Who do we want over? How can we reconnect with old friends? It is nice to have online friends, but don't forget to cultivate the ever important real life relationships too. Look at opening your home as a ministry and even think about people you wouldn't normally invite over.

Don't worry about your home looking perfect. Mine never does. I have a home with eight children---I think that says it all! There are imperfections everywhere, but we do not invite people over to impress them, I used to think that everything had to be perfect--that just comes from pride. Most people just appreciate the act of love that you opened up your home and overlook those sorts of things. Don't get me wrong, I like a clean, orderly home because I think that is right, but really just want to be realistic about the whole thing.

I am praying about how God might use our home this year. I am not sure what He has in mind, but I am preparing and want to be ready.

How about you?

How are you preparing your home for spring?



********************


This post is linked at Raising Homemakers , Far Above Rubies and
Women Living Well

0 Comments: