...and by hate I mean I love virtually everything I see on there. The problem, however, is that I don't think I've ever seen anything on 1st Dibs that I like for less than $1,000. In fact, $2,300 seems to be my sweet spot. I love hunting for treasures on Craig's List. I'm a die hard eBay-er. But nothing mimics the joy of visiting the world's best flea market like perusing the virtual aisles of 1st Dibs. That reminds me...I don't think I've ever shared my photos of my trip to Les Puces de St. Ouen in Paris. I need to do that.
I have never bought a single thing from 1st Dibs but I still can't resist browsing and dreaming. And those damn "The Most Beautiful Things in the World" emails they send aren't helping either. No matter how hard I try to NOT click, I always do. I mean I can't help it, I like pretty things!!
I offer you this example - a vintage 20th century French apothecary cabinet. $2,990, SAD FACE!!! Please note if I ever see something like this at the Raleigh Flea Market, I will knock you and your kids over to get to it. I am apologizing in advance. I know you understand.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment