Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Love Road Trips

Recently I've been brainstorming vacation ideas for this year. I've been leaning towards doing another great road trip through an area of Canada or the US, which had me going back to look at other road trips I've been to in the past. Once I started looking at them all, it reminded me how much I love being on the road and just looking for adventure.

Growing up, my parents used to pack us all into our cozy RV and head across North America to experience what was out there. Before I was 20, I had been to twenty six of the US states and I'm always looking forward to adding more to the list.

The last trip we did was through Quebec and Maine a couple of summers ago. I loved seeing this part of the continent and am thinking about going even further out East to the Maritimes.

The best part of any trip is spending time with these two jokers (and our parents too).

A few years ago we even went overseas and expanded our road tripping skills through Italy. We travelled from Milan to Florence to Venice, through Tuscany to Rome and finally Ostia Antica on the sea. 

We ended the trip with a visit to England to explore more of the English countryside.

Nashville, 2004
Wherever we go, I know that we'll always have a good time and come back with memories that will last a lifetime.


This love of the road hasn't just ended with them. I've gone on to other trips across North American, in search of fun and adventure.

A year ago, I joined my friend Amy's family on a much needed break to Florida. We trekked to Daytona Beach for Bike Week, visited some theme parks, but more importantly we took some much needed time to relax.

My next great trip was to Boston to watch the Toronto FC. We spent 10 hours on a bus to cheer on our favorite team and enjoy the fine brewery offerings of New England. I loved this city and plan to go back again soon.

My final road trip last summer was to Philadelphia to see Toronto FC play against Philadelphia Union. Right before I left, I ran the Rocky Steps.

Partners in Crime

What has been your favorite place to visit in North America? 
I'm always looking for suggestions of places to visit!

0 Comments: