Friday, October 7, 2011

De-Clutter, Clean & Organize It!

Hello Everyone!
What are you up to this month? I hope your weather has been nice and fall-ish.
I'm on a decluttering, cleaning and home organizing mission with our upcoming
move next year it just seems like the right time. Join me to see what I've done.
 My hubs closet was long overdue for a good clearing and cleaning.
Now it looks almost empty. He needs some new clothing items.
I like closets to have different levels and sections for display. It's easy to see. 
 In the armoire the television was removed.
In it's place I added his sweaters, jeans and shorts.
We have decided no television in the bedroom works best for us. Now it's in the bonus room.
Our next home will probably have a family room and a basement tv. That's it.
 I bought a little office organizer from Target and use it for... 
 OPI nail polish! I love this stuff. I paint my nails a few times a week.
 The kitchen canisters from Kirklands work as holders for Q-tips,
cotton pads and cotton balls. It's nice to use them a different way.
 Also in the master bathroom I decluttered and organized the shelves.
 An outdoor plant shelf sits in my master closet and displays fashion jewelry. 
 I call this organizing "step two".  Look at the shelves as "step one" in the process.
You can buy these cloth jewelry organizers at Marshalls.
 Wooden shoe shelves work well. They came from Bed, Bath & Beyond.
I hung my winter scarves on the wire closet shelves. I wear them often.
I'm still working on this part. I think I need a better way to display them.
I'll let you know what I come up with. Do you have any other ideas?
Sweaters and t-shirts are folded nice and neat.
Above them are jogging suits and jeans. The shelves go to the ceiling.
I'm working on the other side of my closet.  I'll share that soon.
Do you donate and organize with seasonal changes?
~*~
Recently a few of you thought that we have already moved. I thought I would
 update you all on the exact status. Things have been up in the air for the last
few years as far as exactly when and where. Sorry for the confusion. As of now
I know for sure we are moving in the spring or early summer of 2012. Delays
have happened with others moving out of the Maryland base for my hubs job.
That is why we are waiting and waiting. Sigh. I'm ready. Can you tell? Ha!
I will keep you posted when we sell our home and the buying of a new one.
~*~
I'm in the process of setting up a Facebook and a Pinterest account.
I'll let you know when I can get them up and running. It looks like fun!
Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments: