Monday, November 7, 2011

Glamorous Nails for the Holidays

Hello Everyone!
How was your fall weekend? Ours was nice and relaxing.
I have been spending way too much time on Pinterest. It's addicting.
I have been getting many inspiring ideas for our new home. I can't wait!
Please feel free to friend me on FB and follow me on Pinterest if you like.
If you don't see me around blog land then you know where to find me...:)
The buttons are over on my sidebar.
~*~
One of my blog and FB friends recently asked if I would do a nail tutorial.
Since nails are definitely an obsession of mine I said I would be happy too.
Join me for my step by step process to glam nails that last.
 Cool! I thought this was a neat looking photo effect with the lamp shade.
 First, gather up your supplies. I have used Sally Hansen and OPI products for
a very long time. Through trial and error they seem like the best for the price.
OPI polish will last and last if applied carefully with a base and top coat to seal it.
I have early childhood memories of my grandmother giving herself manicures
while I looked on with fascination. I was hooked. I do my own nails and always have.
 1. Remove old polish and clean hands. To remove yellow stains use lemon juice. 
2. File your nails to the desired shape and length. 
3. Use clippers a few times a month if they grow too long. A medium length is important. 
I have to stress the importance of keeping all of your nail equipment clean. Use alcohol.
    
 4. Apply a clear, strengthening base coat to seal in nail moisture. This is key to healthy growth.
5. Apply the color of your choice. Two coats if you wish. Let dry.
I happen to have a fluffy orange cat pillow to rest my tootsies on...LOL!
6. Apply a clear top coat for shine and added strength.
If you are careful it will last for about ten days or even longer.
This warm shade is OPI's *Mrs O'Leary's Barbeque*.
It's a burgundy brown color perfect for the month of November.  
7. Enjoy your polished nails! Use different colors that you like.
I usually buy my OPI bottles at Target or the JCPenney hair salon.
8. Finally...Keep your hands and cuticles moisturized during the change of seasons. 
I forgot and paid the price with a hangnail that really hurt. Ouch. I'm fine now.
I posted about it on my FB. Thanks to all of you that gave me good advice.
All of these nail ideas were found on Pinterest.
Look at this matte finish dark OPI shade with glossy stripes. Gorgeous!
Gray is a popular look this fall in wardrobes why not nails?
Isn't this a lovely holiday party look? Clear nails with silver glitter tips. Pretty!
How fun is this look! Candy cane striped nails. It's adorable for holiday photos.
A classic Christmas-y red is always perfection. It looks good on everyone.
Do you do your own nails or go to the salon? I don't feel completely 
ready to go unless my nails and toes are polished. How about you?
What's your favorite polish, shade? ...:)
~*~
Don't forget to enter my three years of blogging giveaway! It's my previous post.
The winner will be announced this Thursday evening.
Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments: