Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Cheer Around the House

Before I sign off for the holidays, I wanted to share with you one last look at our holiday decor in these parts.  Here's my how (mostly) toddler-proofed tree turned out.  I'm really happy with it, I must say!

 

 

I made some larger polar bears to keep the smaller guys company.  The technique was exactly the same.  See how I made them here.  See how I made the glittered paper garland here.

 


Sadly, the emperor penguins that I wanted to add to the tree just never got done.  Gotta know when to say when sometimes with these holiday crafts!  Oh well, they'll look great on some craft paper wrapped gifts next year.


Remember the snowflakes I hung for the Polar Express party?


The found a new home on our tree after the party and were perfect with the winter creatures.

 

The mantle was pretty low key this year.  I re-purposed the glittered letter garland I made here, added some evergreen clippings and and a wreath.


And of course, it wouldn't be Christmas without nutcrackers.  In our house that means very specific, rival nutcrackers. 

 

My little vintage wire tree moved down from the guest room this year and brought holiday cheer to our kitchen island.  

 

Remember the felt flower tree skirt I made last year for it? Yup, it's still around!


Love these little cardinal jingle bells!

 

The chalkboard in our kitchen gets in on the holiday cheer with one simple, but joyous Christmas carol lyric. 

I always jazz up the front door wreath with my vintage brass jingle bells that I got at the Raleigh Flea Market a few years ago.


And Knox's nursery gets a sweet dose of Christmas spirit with his Little People nativity scene



Speaking of "little people", here's my little man enjoying his favorite Christmas book, A Charlie Brown Christmas (with music!)

 

I've had a great time crafting, baking, decorating and celebrating this holiday season and sharing it all here with you guys.  Thanks for following along!

Wishing you a wonderful, safe and joyous holiday season with those you love the most.  See you in the New Year!

0 Comments: