Friday, December 30, 2011

Host an EASY New Year's Day Brunch

I hope Santa was good to you and that you're all recovering nicely from the craziness that the holidays bring!  I've been enjoying a quiet week away from the blog and reflecting back on how wonderful 2011 has been for me and my family.

Do you guys have plans for New Year's?  In years past we have hosted small dinner parties at our home but I'm really loving the idea of a low stress New Year's Day brunch this year instead.  Just some yummy treats and of course CHAMPAGNE! 

Here are some thoughts on how to pull it off.  The key - make EVERYTHING ahead!

DRINKS:
Champagne of course!  The only thing better than a regular mimosa in my book is a blood orange mimosa (with campari...mmm!!)  Get the recipe here.


FOOD:  
If ever there was a time to embrace make-ahead meals, a New Year's Day brunch would be it!  Here are some of my favorite breakfast-y items that can be prepared in advance.

Spinach & Cheese Strata - recipe here 
(assemble everything than pop it in the oven)




Pull Apart Sticky Buns - recipe here
(no dough making, you use frozen dinner roles...brilliant!)


Mini Frittatas - recipe here
(I love these because you can make several batches by the dozen and vary the ingredients.  They're perfect for little hands!)


French Toast sticks - recipe here
(I like to serve these in high ball glasses.  Fill the glass 1/4 of the way with maple syrup and add 3-4 french toast sticks.  Viola!  The perfect carry-around snack!)



DECOR:
Embrace the bubbly-ness!  Blow up a few balloons in assorted sizes and tape them to the wall.  I love how low cost and festive this is. 



EXTRA CREDIT:  
Feeling extra ambitious? 

Champagne Cupcakes with Champagne Buttercream Frosting - recipe here



Jazz up the whole shindig with some adorable, FREE printables - available here

Stay safe and see you back here next week!

0 Comments: