Thursday, December 22, 2011

Shabby home inspiration.

Christmas is near, Christmas is near!

Ah, good morning everyone! I hope you're having beautiful Thursday! Today's my last day at college before my Christmas holidays begin, so I'm pretty excited too! :)

Yesterday I've found some very nice pictures which are such a great inspiration! I have always dreamt of an old flat here in Vienna, with high ceilings and walls, huge windows, parquet floors and wonderful baroque wallpapers in light pastel colors. And what better furniture fits such an enterieur than the shabby chic one? Right, none. But there are also some things that I don't like about it. Like, it can be exaggerated. Way too many details, too shrilly colors (such as PINK) and so on.


As you can see above, I'm more the classy shabby admirer. Warm beige tones, with light colors, nothing too "agressive" and such. But also with this style there is also the danger if you use way too much white and blue, that the ambient will become cold and that is exactly what the shabby style is not about! It should give you warmth and make you feel comfortable in every little corner of your living space.


But the main and most important thing is, that you furnish your little kingdome the way YOU love it. Because in the end, youw will live in it.

Have a nice day!

Love, Aleksandra.

0 Comments: