Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spoonflower Designer Fabric Knockoffs

Do you ever fall in love with a fabric only to find out that it's "to the trade" only?  Or worse, that it's $90+ a yard? Happens to me ALL THE TIME!  And while I'm a strong believer in the quality of those more expensive fabrics (they just feel amazing!), I can't afford them for much more than a prized throw pillow!

You all know I'm a huge fan of Spoonflower and regularly spotlight some of my favorite designers.  Recently I've noticed some amazing designer-inspired designs on there.  So if you're in love with a certain "look" but can't afford the 6 yards or so you need to recover that fabulous arm chair you scored on Craig's List, spend some time on Spoonflower!  At $32/yard for their upholstery weight fabrics, it's a substantial savings over most designer fabrics. 

Here are some of my favorite Spoonflower designs to give you that designer look for a whole lot less $$.  


 



 


 

 


 

What Spoonflower fabrics have you favorited for future use?  And how do you feel about these designer inspired creations?  A lot of people feel like Spoonflower shouldn't allow them, especially in the case of fabric designs with licensed characters (Star Wars is a big one). 

{full disclosure: leaf chain & connect the blocks are my designs}

0 Comments: