Friday, January 20, 2012

Super Knox's 1st Birthday!

Before Knox turns 2 (he was 15 months last week!), I think I should finally get around to sharing photos of his first birthday party hosted back in October.  I settled on a super hero theme after looking in Knox's closet one day and realizing he had quite the assortment of super hero shirts. 

I designed two main elements that showed up throughout the party's paper goods and decor.  The little spikey haired silhouette was inspired by Knox himself who always seems to be sporting some crazy, unruly hair.

 


I loved this Anders Ruff invitation but I really wanted to get his photo on their so I designed my own and reworked things a bit to make it work.  I love the way they turned out!


I made him that little onsie using some simple iron-on transfer paper.  See the spikey hair?!


All the envelopes were addressed using this fun address label I created.  I printed them onto full label sheets and cut them out by hand.  The stamp I made on Zazzle.  I love Zazzle but boy, they are super strict about what can and can't be used on their creations.  I first tried to use the custom K super hero emblem and they rejected it because it was too close to the Super Man symbol.  Then I tried the little super hero silhouette and that too got rejected!  


I made these comic book-inspired talk bubble stickers for the return address and printed them onto the same full label sheets.

 

Our front door all decked out to welcome guests! 




 Gift bags for all of Knox's super sidekicks!



They held individual super hero shirts for all the babies from Spoil Me Rotten Gifts.


And of course, super birthday boy got a cape!


Like most new moms, I had hundreds of photos on my iPhone that I'd taken of Knox throughout his first year but I hadn't ever taken the time to print any.  Don't you hate that?  All these images but they're almost trapped on our digital devices!  I decided to print every single one and use them as simple but meaningful decor.  It was so fun to relive all those special moments as we put up this little montage. 


Don't you love my chic baby-proofed window treatments? (so embarrassing!)


Birthday cake and smash cake!


I love the way the little super hero looked in fondant!  It's so fun to see something you've designed digitally actually come to life.


Remember Knox's first year collage?  I had it printed and displayed it on an easel at the party.  I printed it as an 8"x10" for the grandparents too and they LOVED it.


I created a little Gotham-esque city scape on the side of our kitchen island using my trusty contact paper.  It made for a really cute backdrop for photos.  I'll post more pics of this project in progress tomorrow.  It was super simple.


Classic!  But doesn't everyone look adorable in their shirts?!



Everyone went home with little super hero rubber ducky bath squirters.


Some other scenes from around the party.





Someone got VERY into the smashing part of the party!  We had to strip him down after.


The first year of a child's life is so special and we had a wonderful time celebrating this big milestone with our friends and family.  It might sound crazy but as a first time mom, I felt a major sense of accomplishment for getting to the one year mark (yay, he's alive and thriving!)  Thanks for letting me share this moment with you all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to Rebecca at Millie Holloman Photography for capturing all these wonderful images of Knox's big day.

Birthday cake, superhero silhouette fondant topper and Knox's smash cake from Sweet Memories Bakery.

"Happy Birthday" banner on mantel, big K on food table, stickers on party cups all from Anders Ruff.

Big balloons at front door, on mantel and on food table from BalloonFast.com 

Super hero shirts and Knox's cape from Spoil Me Rotten Gifts 

Yellow 1 lollipops from Vintage Confections

Fondant "K" topper on Knox's smash cake from Two Sugar Babies

Super hero K cookies and super hero silhouette cookie pops from Batches

Super hero rubber duckies from Oriental Trading

Yellow & white dot tablecloth sewn by my mom in 10 minutes before the party started (she's insane) using this fabric from JoAnn's.

Big K on food table and big super hero silhouette on front door printed at Kinko's.

Photos in "ONE" collage printed 3"x3" from ScrapbookPictures.com

0 Comments: