Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Syphon Coffee




Have you heard about Syphon coffee? I've been reading about this new Japanese gem for a few days now and I can't wait to try it. I'm all about the dolce far niente philosophy of making little rituals of coffee-drinking where the brewing process becomes a part of enjoying the experience.

For starters the equipment looks super interesting, somewhat of a science lab with a snazzy twist of coolness. From what I read, the main thing is that it produces a very fine brewed coffee that is incredibly delicate with a sweeter and juicer flavour than regular coffee. The fascinating part for me is that the flavour changes with temperature and at some point the texture becomes so light it’s almost moussey. Oh dear, I sold! How about you? Would you try it? Or have you already? xo

P.S: Check out the Syphon coffee how-to video above all the way from New Zealand. It's super interesting!
P.P.S: All things coffee, including this magic coffee and this awesome interactive coffeine consumption poster.

(Video by VsTheBrain & Kinfolk. Photos by Oliver Schwaner-Albright via The New York Times)

0 Comments: