Thursday, February 23, 2012

Clarence House Jembala Fabric

I recently came across this bright and cheery nursery designed by one of my favorite bloggers, Julie of Shelter Interior Design.  There's lots to appreciate here - the use of stripes to accent the crib wall, the way she chose to paint (or not paint) the various slanted ceiling angles, that cozy window seat reading nook with all those bright pillows!  Love it all. 


 
But my favorite thing in the room is this insanely pretty side chair.  The melon-y orange frame is awesome all on its own but that fabric!!!


It's called Jembala by Clarence House and its a hand embroidered work of art designed by Clarence House director Kazumi Yoshida.  Here's a look at the entire jungle scene. 


To really appreciate the detail, you need to see some close-ups.  I love that there are so many different feature-worthy scenes to this fabric.  There are plenty of different areas you could choose to highlight or center on your pillow or furniture piece.







 
 I haven't been able to confirm the cost but I think it's somewhere in the $300+/yard range and available only through a designer.  Yikes, I know!  But I bet a yard would cover a side chair like in the inspiration image.  I love the colors and whimsical images - so perfect for a kid's room.  But the idea of putting a $300+/yard fabric in a kid's room makes me feel a little sick. 

If you love the colors but can't stomach the price tag, the same design is also available as a print which surely brings the cost down considerably. 


I think this officially takes the cake as the most expensive fabric on my "fabrics I covet" list.  Do you have some favorite "in a dream world" fabric?

0 Comments: