Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thoughts On Motherhood


Yesterday, Gabriella wrote about this amazing project on motherhood called MAMA: Motherhood Around The World and even though I'm not a mom yet, I was glued to the website for a good few hours reading the incredibly compelling stories of women from all around the world. They are all in different age, from totally different backgrounds and cultural believes, the one common subject they have is motherhood.

After watching this video, I immediately started to think about the posts I wrote on babies and age, remember them? I loved our honest conversation about the subject. I remember being moved to tears by some of the comments and emails I received from moms-to-be or those who couldn’t have babies, those who adopted or planning to and even those who are not sure if they want to have children.

I believe that we all should have a choice of if, how, when, and how many. What I adore about this project is that it addresses those points even deeper in a form of challenging us to think of how many women in the world actually have an opportunity to decide if, how, and when to create a family and what are the reasons women choose motherhood.

I truly recommend making yourself a nice hot cuppa and checking out the project but in the meantime, do tell: Are you ready to be a mom? Are you planning to have a baby this year? Do you have kiddos already? Do you have a plan or you'd rather be surprised? Or maybe motherhood is not something you see yourself in? xo

(As previously, if you don’t feel comfortable talking about it, you can always leave your comment anonymously)

P.S: If you haven't already, you should totally read Jenny's unexpected birth story from a couple of years ago. Incredible!

(via Design Mom. Photos via Tara, IMOW, Keith Davis Young, The-ILL, Wilmahathaway)

0 Comments: