Thursday, March 8, 2012

Guest Post: Couture Inspired Interiors

When the team over at Design Shuffle contacted me about today's post "Couture Inspired Interiors", I was intrigued. After checking out there site I was sold, there website is sure to inspire anyone who loves decor. I always say fashion inspires all aspects of my life, especially decor. Today's post is all about couture inspired interiors. So without further adieu please check out today's featured post!


***


Hi, I'm Mari, a blogger for Design Shuffle, a terrific online source of all things interior design. My job has me searching for the most beautiful spaces to share with blog readers like you. Some days, like today, are even more interesting when I get to focus on both room and the runway designs. Thanks to Carmen Vogue for allowing me share some of my favorite pairings of fashion and interior design. Today's offerings, though very different in style, have two things in commonócolor and pattern.

Couture Inspired

From Mary Katrantzou's Fall 2012 Collection, this swirl of lovely layers seems to float down the runway. I love the gorgeous patterns and the splash of green

Couture Inspired

From that runway show to this glamorous master suite is such an easy transition. With touches of gold, a sofa in lush green velvet and even the artwork, this space captures the feel of Mary Katrantzou's design.

Couture Inspired

Another Katrantzou creation, this intricately detailed design is all about colorful exuberance and an explosion of pattern.

Couture Inspired

The dress above just begs to be paired with a Designers Guild room. After all, no one does exuberant color in dÈcor better that Tricia Guild. So many decorating ideas abound in this stylish space.

Couture Inspired

Giorgio Armani used lots of tangerine and gray in his Fall 2012 runway showósuch sophisticated pattern and style.

Couture Inspired

More beautifully paired gray and tangerine can be seen in this Stockholm apartment's living room design ideas. Just as with the Armani designs, a mix of grays plays beautifully with the vibrant orange.

Couture Inspired

A closer view of one Armani design shows off interesting orange lined pants cuffs.

Couture Inspired

Obviously, this isn't an interior space, but I couldn't resist such a serendipitous find. Aren't the colors just so perfect on a Paris building that radiates gray and orange? Images 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8


Do you get inspired by fashion? You'll find more fashion-inspired designs at Design Shuffle. There is endless inspiration from the best Boston interior designers, San Francisco interior designers and a great deal of others!


***

I absolutely love this post, I think the first room is my favorite! Also I was not compensated for this post, I just thought you would enjoy this as much as I did. Have a Happy Thursday!


Also Carmen Vogue is now on twitter follow here to stay updated!


0 Comments: