Monday, March 5, 2012

Italian Simplicity


Some of the best chefs say that simple, fresh ingredients are the way to go and that at times there is no need for fussing about with tons of different flavours. Makes sense, doesn’t it?

Some of my favourite meals are ridiculously easy to make like this mouth-watering mozzarella and tomato sandwich! Paola whipped up this scrumptious bite the other day as it reminded her of her time in Florence, Italy. I love that and from now on each time I eat this sandwich I'll be day-dreaming about Italy in the summer or those long mornings Balazs and I shared in Venice.

So, what do you need for the perfect mix? A fresh baguette or a piece of focaccia, homemade pesto (or store bought - my favourite), juicy tomatoes and mozzarella. Voilá!

Lovelies, do you also associate certain dishes with the places you visited? If so, what are they? What’s your take on mozzarella and tomato sandwich? xo

(Photos by Love + Cupcakes)

0 Comments: