Monday, March 12, 2012

Sweet Dreams In Chocolate and Aqua

Hello Everyone!
It's been one month ago exactly since we started our home sprucing up and I'm
happy to report we are almost finished. Can I get an amen? Whew, it has been one
month I don't want to do over again. Just ask my husband. Ha! Poor guy, I begged him 
to get the room painting finished quickly and he did a fabulous job. The only rooms left
are the master bedroom and bath. That will be next weekend. Our new furniture arrives
next week and then it will be on to the outdoor landscaping. I have many before and afters
to share with you and today is no exception. Join me for a tour of the guest room and bath.
Warning, picture overload. :-)
 After!
Aqua paint is calming and is a nice compliment to the deep brown.
 I bought the damask lamp at Kirklands.
The new paint color is called Arrowroot by Martha Stewart.
 A console table holds family photos that are dear to me.
Many of the accessories you may recognize from our master bedroom.
Since I am going in a different color direction in that room this worked out. 
 The drapes were previously in our master suite and are a perfect match to the walls.
 The iron corner shelf holds accessories.
 A bench at the end of the bed is nice for seating.
 Gold scroll candle holders hold ocean waters scented candles.
 The urn trio in my three new colors.
A plate from Kirklands says it all.
 A new silver and aqua lamp also from Kirklands.
 Chocolate brown and aqua pillows. The bedding came from Marshalls.
 A white ceramic cross tassle in chocolate and aqua.
 I bought the damask shower curtain at Bed Bath and Beyond.
 A teal blue urn from Marshalls and night light from Kirklands.
 Chocolate brown and aqua blue towels.
A view of the vanity area.
Here is a before shot of the room so you can see the changes.
I liked it but I was ready for the new colors. Stay tuned for more!
~*~
     Have a wonderful week!


0 Comments: