Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Slow Poached Eggs (with a twist)


A perfectly poaches egg can totally make up for anything; from a bad night sleep to a mad day at work, even kids screaming. Since last November when I finally learned how to poach an egg in the creamiest of ways, I started to experiment with different techniques. Balazs says that Julia Child gave me an inner egg-making-confidence. We’ve been having them on toasts with herbs, on bagels and roasted asparagus, with salads and even on top of a sliced avocado. So good, you should try it!

Anyway, last night I spotted Steph's really impressive recipe for a slow poached egg and I can’t wait for the weekend to try it out on my momwho is flying in tomorrow.

Steph says that it’s one of the easiest ways to poach eggs with a great twist in the end. You don’t actually crack your eggs, you simply cook them like you would cook onsen eggs in the shells, in 145F water for a whopping 45 minutes. The cool part is that you can make a few of them in the same time or prep them the night before and just warm them up on the go. According to Steph, the end result is totally impressive because as you crack the ready egg open, the creamy poached consistence simply slides out of the shell onto your plate – giving the whole thing a wow factor. Oh boy, I’m hungry!

Wait, there is more. With this technique you can even make a pan fried version of your poached egg as well. Here is how!

Loves, how do you like your egg in the morning? (I bet you’re craving it right now - giggle). xo

(Photos by I am a Food Blog via Shutterbean)

0 Comments: