A few months ago, I was at the Old Lucketts Store in Leeseburg doing some shopping for a friend when I came accross this (beautiful!!!) set of china for only $64!!!! We had gone all the way out there & hit traffic and the store was closing & they were nice enough to let us in for the last few minutes while they closed up. It was fate. ;) ;) hahaha
There were 6 place settings along with servingware & a pretty little creamer.I LOVE transferware & was not in the market for new china (my own is in storage!!) but I couldn't pass it up because this is my color (greeny-aqua-gray) and the price was too good to be true. The are by J &G Meakin and are a series of "Romantic England" and feature different castles & estates in England. I went to replacements.com and found that it would have cost me $260 for the set! (Here they are: http://www.thefind.com/kitchen/info-england-dinner-plate)
And, do you remember that I was attempting to use all of my leftover fabric? Well, this aqua linen tablecloth is leftover & was such an easy no-sew project. I just cut it to the right size, frayed the edges & washed it:
And please excuse all my wrinkles. They're usually always there because I can't stand ironing. It takes a very special occasion for me to break out the iron (actually mine's in storage!!) & I knew you'd all understand. (hahaha in my mind I've sort of started to like wrinkles, but I think it's just me convincing myself it's okay not to iron!) Below is a pitcher of mine that I found at a thrift store & just move around all the time:
have a beautiful weekend!!! (and come on Spring!!!)
xoxo,
lauren
ps- check out Seleta's great giveaway this week!!! :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment