Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Porch & Patio Party

Hello Everyone! 
 ~WELCOME~
Our porch is ready for summer with the cheerful geraniums.
Our japanese maple is looking fuller than ever.
The spiral urns are from the Home Decorators catalog.
A garden flag and a power washing completed the spruce up.
Look at this huge boston fern. It's doubled in size.
The flower is called fuschia and they attract hummingbirds.
I usually have no luck with flowers but they are doing well.
A close up of the fuschia. Isn't it pretty and vibrant?
The red geraniums close up.
Now this hosta plant is a mystery to me.
Every summer the deer eat them all.
Then in the fall I just cover the stems with mulch.
And then this is the result. I can't believe it!
Let's visit the covered back deck now.
This is our relaxing outdoor furniture from Sams Club.
I added some new throw pillows from Target.
Sage green outdoor rug is from Ballards.
Swivel rockers complete the set.
A gurgling outdoor fountain sounds soothing.
My deep purple petunias are thriving.
Another boston fern in a black urn.
We recently stained the deck in redwood.
The hanging ferns are called kimberly queens.
This is the first year we have hung them up.
I'm really enjoying their classic southern style.
They make me think of sweet tea.
Another view from the yard.
We added a new hummingbird feeder and it is neat to see them eat.
They are so cute.
Have a great week!

0 Comments: