In June of 2007 I fell in love with Margot Brunelle Fooshee & her husband's Long Island home (no name given!!) featured in House Beautiful. (I'm sure many of you remember it, but sometimes I do posts just as much as an organization/ inspirational tool for myself as for you! :)
Ruthie Sommers, their friend and interior designer helped them create a very "undecorated" feel throughout the home. {There are 2 sides fighting inside of me --- the one side that loves pretty coordinating fabrics & design details and comfortable perfection... and the other side that loves rooms that feel as if there wasn't a decorator involved. To be honest, my own home is more of the latter and most of my client's homes seem to be more of the coordinated type. But more about this later! } The aqua on the walls above are "Blue Seafoam" by Benjamin Moore and were this color when the couple moved into the house. I MUST use this color somewhere in my house!!
In the sitting room above, I'm of course loving the white slipcovers & the map, which reminded me so much of a room I'd done at a lakehouse, below. (It's almost a cooler, fresher version of it: the slicovers, the map, the trunk coffee table)
The living room (below) is a bit more refined with a graphic black & white Morroccan print rug and graceful furnishings. it still feels young & fresh, however.

The vignette below is so great!! The silver starburst & drawer pulls juxtaposed againzt the yellow chair & honey dresser--- ahh love it!
I would love to stay in the guest room below. Along with the "Sout Beach" wallpaper, all the fun pops of red just make it so cheery & fun. You get a great view of the wide plank pine floors in this picture too. Aren't they gorgeous??




0 Comments:
Post a Comment