Monday, July 6, 2009

Mandevillas & Stain

Hello Everyone!
It's time for Met Monday with Susan.
Pay her a visit to view all the transformations.
Join me on a tour of all the outdoor changes.

Here is a new wrought iron wall piece.
Do you see it to the right of the front door?

It's a scroll design with flowers from Pier 1.

We drilled holes directly into the brick.
I hope it's okay when we move one day.

My fushia flowers didn't survive the heat.
I'll spare you the pitiful before picture.
I replaced them with this flower called a mandevilla.
Have you heard of it or do you have them?I thought they were pretty and vivid in color.
They are named after an 18th century British
diplomat named Henry Mandeville and are known
for being vigorous. If you have any tips for me on
how to care for them that would be great.
Here is a close up of the deep crimson color.
Here's another in a different hue on the same plant.
I found a yellow toss pillow for the rocker.
My fern is still growing and growing.
I found this pot at Lowes and added red dahlias.
I've never had them before either.
Here is our back deck before stain three years ago.
This was taken shortly after we moved in.
The neighbors home was under construction.
This stain is called Redwood and is made by Maximus. Our privacy fence three years ago. We painted it with more Redwood stain from Lowes.
Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments: