Well, we do it every once in a while... go to Ikea. I think everyone sort of feels this way about Ikea: you hate it but you love it. The prices are amazing and they have amazing meatballs, but by the time you get down to the section where you're loading up all your goods, it feels like you've been there forever!! And then sometimes, after a few months, the furniture sags, or bows or breaks... I've had awesome luck with some furniture & terrible luck with others. But I just can't stay away...We made the trip because we needed a few things (and are young, fabulous & broke, of course!) How adorable is the fabric above??? They're curtains for one of the kids' rooms... I'd really like to put them in Christian's new bedroom but worry they're too girly for him (although like he'd care at 2 years old... it's really more like are they too girly for Daddy?? :) I have been wanting to do something with picture books, so we'll see if I can make it work... I also got the curtains below for our bedroom. They're really more a placeholder until we can afford more linen, but you can't beat Ikea's prices and now at least we have something up!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
My Love-Hate Relationship with Ikea
And if you didn't get the chance, check out my previous post on what we've been up to! :) hope you had a great weekend!!!
xoxo,
lauren
**** Check out this site that Joni from Cote de Texas just let me know about: http://www.bemz.com/index.php/page/shop/prod_id/3/3/13/24/0/11/front/model_id/60/showbox/color/pattern_id/85/
They make custom slipcovers for Ikea pieces at awesome prices!!! What a great idea for an upgrade!!! *****
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment