Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Big Wake Up Call

Hello Everyone!
I have a rather unusual post for my blog
which is usually about decorating.
I really want to share my experience.
If anyone would like to join me please do.
Let me know what changes you make.
We'll encourage each other.
This past week I have been dignosed with very
high blood pressure. Two years ago a doctor visit
showed it was elevated then and I ignored it.
Big mistake...
I am now on two different medications and
I am not happy about it at all.
I DO NOT like medicine...:(
Needless to say I am officially on a healthy
eating plan with no or very low sodium.
I admit it...I am a salt-a-holic. Big time.
Those days are behind me and I am feeling a
little bit better finally as of today.
I am still adjusting to the medicine though.
Yes, In case you are wondering I do have weight to lose.
The photos of me here are not recent and now I know why.
I am ashamed I'm not my small self anymore.
I may never be that tiny size again and it's okay.
My goal is to be off of this medicine in the long term.
My hubby is happy I'm joining him on a workout routine.
Wish me luck!
I'll be monitoring myself 3 times daily with this.

And eating lots and lots of this...

To have a healthier life...I owe it to me.
Let me hear from you if you have any tips.
This is all new to me and I'm pretty scared.
Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments: