Today we went along to our local Not Back to School Picnic. The weather turned out to be beautiful. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous going along as I didn't know if I would know anyone there, but it turned out ok. I pretty much forced myself to go as I wanted to offer support to the cause so to speak. Luckily I found there was one (very good) friend there, so stuck by her side all afternoon ;o) It did make me feel a little sad though. The home-education groups were such a huge part of our life at one time, and I was very much involved in them and knew almost everyone that attended. Going along today, I felt like very much an outsider, almost an intruder. That wasn't the fault of the organisers I might add, if I had made the effort I'm sure some kind soul would have taken pity and talked to me lol - but I felt out of my depth and uncomfortable. Need to rebuild my own confidence I guess.
Anyway, we had a lovely day despite all of that. I took some photos, being careful that the pictures didn't identify others children.
More pictures can be seen on my Photography Blog
0 Comments:
Post a Comment