It's those little seasonal changes that make me so happy. (Like the huge pumpkin on our server, above.) I'm being super-quick today since Dave's got the day off for Columbus Day but wanted to share just a few pics with you. Clearing out part of our woods this weekend, I brought these branches from a now-deceased-bush into our kitchen. (I put them in a pilsner glass- one of my favorites for branches & tall flowers!) I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to see all that green as I look in the kitchen or out of it. I wish it could stay alive forever!!
It's exactly how I want my house to feel:
A new friend brought me over some beautiful green spider mums (one of my new favorites, thanks so my bright green sofa!) and I popped one in a vintage glass bottle I got last weekend for $1. You can also spy my new server in the dining room in the reflection of the mirror:
I found it at (where else?!) Lucketts for $165. It's the perfect size - 6 feet wide by 18 inches deep & I now have so much room for china & linens. It's a Japanese piece from the late 1800s to 1910 and was at the shop for 20 minutes before I snagged it. The clerk kept doublechecking the price tag because she couldn't believe it either. I LOVE all the storage!!! (means I can keep collecting!! hee hee)
We didn't have to do a thing to it. I was a little nervous at the store but when I got it home, its straight clean lines and the finish & size were perfect. It's the exact same width as my window, which was what I needed:
Anyway, have a happy Columbus Day!!!! What changes have you been making to your home lately?
xoxoxo,
lauren
0 Comments:
Post a Comment