Hello Everyone!
I passed the two month date on my healthy lifestyle
and I wanted to give you an update on the details.
Here are my new stats.
Pounds lost -23 / 20 more to go.
B/P tonight 103/67 I'm still on the meds.
I am very happy it is working!
Join me and I will show you my step by step process.
I weigh in every morning and keep a log.
I know most advice is not to weigh everyday
I weigh in every morning and keep a log.
I know most advice is not to weigh everyday but it just plain keeps me super motivated.
walks together at least 4 times per week.
We walk around 3 or 4 miles each time.
We lift weights with our Bowflex machine twice a week.
I plan on increasing this as I continue on this journey.
As you know he is a Marine so I am now in training.
Just kidding...:)
It is really helpful to have a workout partner.
Thank you to my hubby for helping me.
Thank you to my hubby for helping me.
Pretty much everything in this photo we have
in our fridge right now. No refined sugar, no extra salt
and no caffeine for me. I also cut out all diet sodas.
I really can't even put into words how much better I feel.
I would have never believed it until I tried it myself.
A few weeks ago I was ready for a reward.
I thought so anyway.
A sweet treat would satisfy my craving right?
I had a slice of coconut creme cake for dessert.
Oh my goodness did I ever feel terrible.
I was ill and tired from the sugar rush.
Needless to say it was not worth it. Really.
Green, black or white for the antioxidents.
My personal favorite is decaf earl grey.
I sleep much better these days.
Here's a beautiful lake in Canada.
~Hearty Chicken Soup~
2 tbls olive oil, 1 medium chopped onion,
1/2 tsp chopped garlic, 2 chopped carrots
3 chopped celery stalks, 2 quarts chicken stock
1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup white wine
8 ous wide egg noodles, 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
shredded parmesan cheese, S/P to taste
serve with saltine crackers or crusty bread
Here is when your entire home will smell wonderful.
Add the other veggies and cook for another five minutes.
Add the noodles and simmer for five minutes.
Fold in the chicken and simmer for a few more minutes.
Top with parmesan. Serve with crackers or crusty bread.
It's a treat once a day and I only eat a small bite.
It's been shown to help with lowering B/P.
I know many of you have made changes as well.
How are you all doing? I would love any advice.
Happy Veterans Day!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment