I am surprised that I can put together a coherent phrase right now so forgive me that this is short. After several bobbles by DHL (do you wonder why they aren't a household name?) and some devine intervention and calling in every favor of everyone with any influence I could think of... this looks like it will happen!!! A wonderful offer of a favor by Cam, Jo, and Cori to have a Russian Law student from the firm intervene on my behalf to ask for updates and deliver (allong with some sweet talking in Russian I imagine) a return FedEx pkg so that it will be here by 9am. I might just kiss the driver... At last account, the contact person at the consulate told the student to bring by the pkg that he was working on my visa and that it should go out this afternoon. (insert HUGE sigh of relief). I will keep you posted. For now, I have a lot of loose ends to tie up and about 10lbs of luggage to edit because I'm overweight... my luggage... not me... stop laughing. And don't stop the good thoughts and prayers... it's not here yet...
I can tell you this: a good stiff drink, followed by some gravol on the plane will be the most peaceful I've felt in a week! All that and a middle seat for an eternity. But it will be worth it :)
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment