Very high on my want list at the moment - Louis side chairs. I only need 4 of them for my dining room because I've also got it in my head that some more substantial wing chairs in a fab upholstery job would look good on the ends of the table. Stalking of my local Craig's List has turned up exactly ZERO chairs.
The closest I've come so far was finding 2 contenders at an antique shop in Frederick, MD but sadly there was no room in the car for them to come home with us. This still haunts me.
I think I'd like them in either an unfinished/stripped wood (see PB version below) or a smooth off-white color. Also love the idea of having such a regal looking chair in kid/dog friendly fabric, though in my heart I really want them in some fabulous peacock blue velvet with a contrasting but coordinating fabric on the back panel.
The PB version below...certainly the most accessible, is $349/chair. Um...ouch. I don't know if I'll be able to do much better going the vintage route but I have to try. I don't even need them all to match! I just need the same general shape and of course height.
Hmm...sheild back, square back or round?
{Image: Pottery Barn}
{Image: Absolutely Beautiful Things}
{Image: Laissez Faire Design}
{Image: Mady by Girl}
{Image: Style Court}
Thursday, January 14, 2010
I WANT: Louis Side Chairs
Posted by creation of the nation at 8:00 PM
Labels: Chairs, Dining Room, Louis Chairs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment