At this point I've decided that I've maxed out on the maximum allowable retail therapy limits in terms of clothes, books, puzzles, stuffies, and "stuff" in general so today, I found myself in toddler territory jamming my shopping basket with 6 - 6 packs of apple sauce in various flavors (berry, blend, granny smith...) I figure I may as well over haul my pantry while I have time and stock up on some of the toddler essentials. I hear little ones like apple sauce :) and they were 2 for 1 lol.
I chatted with a friend who is headed back to Khab just before me and we laughed at how neurotic we become with our counting off of potential days and weeks given all sorts of scenarios (but especially best case scenario of course). I told my agency that I would follow up on Friday to see where my dossier is at in the legalization phase of things. With a little luck it will be back in Victoria late next week and then on to Khab for assessment and assignment of court dates (pre trial / trial). I play the "if it" game over and over... "if it"gets back to my agency by late next week then it could be in Khab middle of the following week... then it could... I can kill whole hours at a time looking at the days and weeks and wondering. Perhaps I should focus on the task at hand which is getting work wrapped up and things sorted... but obsessing over the numbers somehow seems more productive???
Speaking of productive, I better go pack. Headed to Toronto tomorrow for a couple days... another welcome distraction. With that, it will be another week down.
One last thing - I noticed my counter is getting awful close to 10,000 visits... I hope that it's been entertaining, maybe a bit educational, and interesting to those who regularly pop by. So many of you I'll never meet in person but you have been great cyber friends, supporters, cheer leaders and shoulders to melt down on. The cyber adoption community is a great place to have to wait. I could never have done this without so many of you who read, comment and email me. Thanks for not letting the single girl go through this alone :)
Much gratitude to all of you from me.
P.S. if you are the 10,000 visitor and you notice, post a comment - I'd like to know who you are!
Stacey
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment