Once again, our new group meeting was a good one. I almost find it almost difficult to believe just how smoothly our new get-togethers are progressing. The third meeting today went without hitch nor hinder. There were 16 children in all, at my house, ranging from 2 - 14 years. From what I can gather, time was spent eating, chatting, dressing up, playing football outside, table football playing inside, birdwatching, keyboard playing, recipe exchanging, trampolining, playdoughing, Connect 4 enjoying and playstation gaming. There was probably more squeezed into the 5 hours, I just haven't heard about it yet. There were a couple of newcomers joining in this week, and meeting them for the first time was just lovely. I have a feeling that firm new friendships are going to be formed (or at least I hope so!) and am certainly looking forward to seeing everyone again soon. I have to quickly mention that I did receive a couple of really lovely and kind emails this evening that made me glow with pride. Knowing that people are enjoying the group is so nice. Having 16 children in the house, all playing and chatting with ease, sharing toys and games, and needing no intervention from adults to sort out squabbles or problems (we were only needed to sort out food and drink requirements!), pretty much blows all the "home-edders can't socialise" theories out of the water. I'm so proud of all the children, thanks guys :)
I was well and truly spoilt by dear Mirjam, who came bearing lovely thoughtful gifts. We are so lucky to have such a lovely family living in the village. Our lives have changed pretty dramatically since meeting them, all for the better I might add. We now no longer feel so isolated, we have made new friends, and have a regular meeting to attend/host. This is quite a nice positive posting today isn't it? I'm in such a happy dreamy place right now :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment