Our dining room is forever a work in progress it seems. But I am determined to knock out some big items over the next few months.
Let me start by saying it has come a long way in the last year from a bare room adorned with only a huge dog crate (that is the latest in dining room fashion, didn't you know?) to an actual, functional space with a table (gasp!). We moved our farmhouse table and 6 chairs from the breakfast nook into the dining room and created a more Starbucks-esque space in the breakfast nook area. With the addition of the blue credenza, alabaster lamps, flea market find mirror and new chandelier, it was on it's way.
Next up - wall art, window treatments and new chairs! I am dying for some square back Louis chairs with 2 big wing chairs to anchor each end of the table. Our table is a similar style and wood color to the one below (as is the wall color now that I think of it). I'm thinking white Louis chairs would really brighten up the space.
These are some serious wing chairs but I love the casual tone they add to the room. Haven't decided on a color but re-upholstering a Craig's List find would be a great option I think. Or perhaps having a custom slip cover made that I can throw in the wash might be cheaper?
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Dining room must haves
Posted by creation of the nation at 9:41 PM
Labels: Dining Room
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment