The ten day wait came and went without cerimony. Last night I spent watching beach volley ball down on the river and listening to music POUND from the ferry boat that docked at the beach. Yes folks I AM in Khabarovsk Russia - not on some tropical beach... Russia... 35 degrees in the swealtering sun. I am relieved that the wait is over but it doesn't feel real or different just yet because I still can't wrap my arms around him and tell him I'll never go away again. Not long now but it's still part of the journey to be made. I did some advance planning for Christmas gifts (surprise family... your pending Christmas gifts are from Russia lol) and bought 2 silver St. Gregory pendants and chains from a very beautiful little historical church by Annas house. St. Gregory is the Patron Saint of Victory in Orthodox... fitting I think. I will give him his on a birthday somewhere down the road - maybe 18 or maybe when he has his first child... but there's lots of time for that. So, there will be a little preparatory grocery shopping and cooking to do for him to arrive and tonight ladies and gentlemen, I am going to a Russian night club... again, you heard me right... a night club in Russia. Now for those of you who know I don't frequent the club scene at home and wonder how or why??? Ole really wants to go... so I'll go... and I'll pray that Vodka is the same in Russian... I'm going to need my fair share of it...
Well, I better go put myself together... Ole came all this way for me, I guess the least I can do is smile and say I had a good time. Secretly she thinks I should bring home 2 Russian boys... and I laugh...
Dahs v dahn ya!
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment