Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things that changed my life this week

Eatman's Carpet & Interiors in Raleigh

My friend Nicole was in town last week working with a new client and returned from this place with a big "omg, you have to go there". And because I am a freak about textiles, I of course headed over the very next day and see what Eatman's had to offer. You see, I've literally driven by this totally unassuming storefront 100 times at least since moving to Raleigh. And never once did I think to stop and check out their goods. The facade just doesn't scream fabulous. It screams "I'm one of 50 similar furniture stores on Hwy. 70 and we all carry the same stuff".

Um...wow...was I wrong. This place is a treasure chest (and one that I am kicking myself for not having discovered all this time!) They carry all manner of rugs from the traditional to modern, with everything available for custom ordering. They also have a wonderfully edited collection of furniture and accessories (I'm hoping Nicole snagged a photo of the x-base benches she was looking at because I looooooved them).

But the real show is in the back, where they sell designer remnants at ridiculously low prices. We're talking Schumacher, Ralph Lauren, Dash & Albert...the list goes on. Discontinued styles and the balance of rolls that have been cut for custom sized orders...at 50-85% off. OMG. I couldn't even believe it. I was totally in my element and snagged pics (iPhone, sorry) of some of my favorite patterns.


This was a gorgeous silver silk on gray wool design.


Sisal aqua blue geometric. Perfect for high traffic areas and softer than most sisals I've seen.


Love the boldness of this rug, though I imagine you'd need to keep most other elements in the room white/neutral. Gorgeous, plush wool and a really vibrant grassy green. Love.


I was surprised by how much I liked this design. The florals were big and bold and kept the overall look really modern. My favorite colorways were the more subdued tone on tone ones in the lower right (the very bottom right is a really pretty lavender).


Loved this Moroccan tile like pattern. The colors were pretty deep blues and green.


I was drawn to this wall of bold geometric patterns. And now that I'm looking at all my "favorites" side by side, it's clear to me that that's the style I like best. How to incorporate them into a room without overpowering the space is the question I suppose.


An interesting take on the peacock trend. Not sure I could ever put this in a room but it was interesting.

My favorite pattern! The yellow was vibrant and super fun on a medium scale beehive pattern. This would look amazing in a modern space.

This is definitely my go-to resource for rugs from here on out. While the custom offerings are definitely not the light-on-the-wallet option, that remnant section is a gold mine and totally worth checking out anytime you need rug.

0 Comments: