Sunday, July 25, 2010

Catch up time...

So, just what has been going on in the life of the Classroom Free lot?  Well, those of you that know me elsewhere, such as Facebook, will pretty much know what we have been up to.  But, for those that don't, here is a quickie update.

It is taking time to adjust to husband going to work, and me not having a car.  I took for granted the "we will just nip to....friends/park/shop/etc" and now I have to think carefully about the necessity of every journey - that is taking some adjusting to.  I just can't warrant the cost of the bus travel here - £12 for us to go on a 15 minute minute journey is just too much.  I wish that a) the train station in the village would re-open, or b) that the bus service would offer some sort of discount for families.  Husband has contemplated going on the bus to work, but a weekly ticket would cost £22, and petrol is only costing around £15 - hmmmm, not exactly encouragement to take to public transport eh?

So, we have had to get used to being stranded so to speak.  Fortunately we have good friends who have taken the time to visit us.  We also enjoy our walks around the village lanes, and our trips to the Downs and the Park.  We aren't suffering too much!

The biggest change for me I think is that weekends have now become a family-time priority.  With husband out of work, and even when he worked nights, all of our days were pretty much the same.  We didn't have any weekday / weekend routine to stick to like those at school or work do.  Now that's changed so our weekends are made up of spending time together, be it at home or out exploring somewhere.

One recent trip out took us to Cornwall and the beautiful area that is Tintagel.  Tintagel is famous for it's legends connected with King Arthur, and it really is a wonderful inspiring place.  Want to see some pictures?  Oh ok then if you insist....

Tintagel - Fun

Tintagel - Hotel and View

Tintagel - Wow

Tintagel Castle Ruin

Tintagel - Brotherly Love

Tintagel - Guest

We had such an idyllic day, in a wonderful location. Definitely one for the memory bank.

Our vegetables are growing well, the children are progressing fine, and life is pretty much hunky dory really.   Tiegan finished her last day of Brownies before the holiday break up on a real high as she got awarded the trophy for 'Brownie of the Month'.  She hadn't got it before and is chuffed to bits that she gets to keep the trophy for the whole of the holidays :)  She is now a Seconder - have I mentioned that before?  I can't remember.  Her confidence is rocketing which is wonderful to see.  All in all, we have no complaints, our days are filled with love, laughter and happiness and nothing can beat that :)

In other news, we have a new business!  Most of you will already know, but for those that don't, here is a quickie advert :)

I have set up a crafting supplies online store.  At the moment it is geared up for papercrafters (as that is my passion), with clear stamp sets, paper stacks, sticky stuff supplies, embossing and score boards, etc.  I am awaiting for more stock to arrive and upload, but for now here is the link:  http://www.perkypigs.co.uk/  I have plans to expand to cover move crafts in the future, such as cross stitching, jewellery making and knitting, but I'm starting with what I know best.

Alongside the store, I am going to be offering more video tutorials (they seem to be in high demand!), a blog for inspiration - including a design team, and for those that live locally - papercrafting workshops, craft club, and delivery service.

All in all it's pretty exciting stuff and something I have been working really hard on.  I would really appreciate your support - not just by buying things from me (although that is a welcome part of things obviously!), but also by joining my Facebook fan page, following me on Twitter, signing up for my newsletter, and visiting my 'business' blog.

All the links to these can be found on the website homepage.

0 Comments: