Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nursery To Do's Accomplished

A cute little yellow lion has come to live with us. I love him in the corner of the crib for now. I had him customized from this by Etsy seller PeachyPaws.

I also switched out the fitted sheet from Land of Nod for the Dwell sheet seen below. The Land of Nod one looks white/light yellow with darker yellow X's in the pic but in real life it's much more yellow. This is all related to my ongoing crib bedding debate (that's all happening in my head) and warrants a separate post later this week. For now, I'm loving this Dwell sheet.


lion

The lampshade I had custom made came in and it's just what I was hoping for! So relieved that it looks good and that this little corner of the room is getting squared away. I think the slender drum balances out the curvy base and I love how modern the black shade looks.


lampshade

Over the weekend we were visiting the in-laws in Maryland and my sweet MIL gave me this framed silhouette she had made of my hubby when he was one. It is so adorable and the perfect personalizing touch for the nursery! I can't wait to find a little space of honor for it in the room and see how much Baby looks like him when he's one.


silhouette

Let's check the remaining list of to-do's and see how I'm doing, shall we?

--Yellow Pouf - was returned for being too mustardy. A bright yellow one is on its way to me. ETA, middle of next week.

--Jonathan Adler sconces - arrived yesterday!!! Woohoo! Now I need to find an electrician to install them. But first I need to get the dresser/changing table up there so I can make sure they are being installed in the right spot.

--purchase ClosetMaid organization system for closet, install & organize closet
People love to buy baby clothes apparently because right now I think he has more outfits than I've ever had. As you can see, it's become a bit of a dumping ground so I have to get my act together on this one.

baby closet


--finish and hang curtains
This will be done tonight! The curtains are sewn and pleated, I just need to finish them with the grosgrain ribbon borders and hang them. Had a bit of a snafu when the place I originally ordered 3" grosgrain from sent me 1.5" and then realized they didn't have 3". MJ Trim to the rescue. I ordered 3" ribbon last Thursday and it arrived on Monday. Love MJ Trim!

--purchase IKEA 1x5 Expedit bookshelf for window seat (ON HOLD)
Stopped at IKEA on our way home this Sunday and was tempted to pick this up but I held off so I could see how things look after I hang the curtains. I think after tonight I'll have a better sense for how the Expedit might look in this space or if I should consider having something built.

--purchase more wooden hangers for Baby's growing wardrobe

--purchase area rug (still haven't decided which!)
Went with the safari rug in platinum & white from West Elm but of course it's back ordered until Aug. 14th.

--figure out best way to organize items in changing table

--test black, tapered drum lampshade for lamp behind glider (when it arrives)

--make cushion top for Expedit window seat (ON HOLD)

--finish contact paper lining dresser/changing table drawers

--decide if I want a crib skirt (could be nice to use under crib as storage?)
This is related to the previously mentioned debate on crib bedding. Stay tuned for a whole post about this.

--decide what I'm going to do about a mobile
No mobile. There, done.

0 Comments: