Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Tiffany Box Room

Everything my sister-in-law Erin touches turns to greater degrees of awesomeness. She's like a tornado of organization and gourmet cooking, all while being way too humble about it. She just painted her bedroom the exact shade of a Tiffany box. It looks so awesome and fresh. I think it would be impossible not to be happy and ready to face the day when you wake up in that room.

It's still a work in progress for her (maybe she'll share some before and after pics? *hint hint!*) but when I saw her this weekend she mentioned a fun chair makeover she's going to be tackling soon. A glossy coat of white paint and a coordinating fabric are going to turn an old side chair into a statement piece in the room and the perfect spot to kick off your shoes after a long day.

So because I have a minor obsession with fabric, I thought I'd do a little searching for some that might work for this project. As I have learned throughout the nursery design, it can be downright maddening to match a particular color exactly throughout a room. She's already done a great job of this by finding a dead on Tiffany blue match in a lamp from Home Goods. And while I didn't ask her what style exactly she was looking for in the chair fabric (modern? graphic? traditional?) these might be a good place to start.



All the above from LSFabrics.com. This is one of those situations where if you're trying to match the color exactly, a swatch order is a must. But if you're ok with a coordinating but not necessarily dead on match, the bottom 2 might be interesting choices and provide a nice contrast to the Tiffany blue/white color palette.

I'm a fan of that bird pattern called Aviary. Available at both LSFabrics.com and CalicoCorners.com. Here's a closer look at it.



A few others from Calico Corners to consider:



I can't wait to see what she goes with and how the whole thing comes together. Send pictures Erin!

0 Comments: