So if you follow me on Facebook, you already know that I spent Saturday morning doing one of my favorite things - perusing every aisle of goodies at the Raleigh Flea Market. I wasn't really looking for anything which of course is when you find all the best stuff right? Like my latest favorite mirror - this vintage, gilded faux bamboo number.
The tag stuck on it said $20. I somehow managed to keep a straight face as I talked the dealer down to $15. He agreed and I ran away with it cackling like a crazy person.
I walked in the door with it and got the same reaction from Mr. H+F that I always get when I return from the flea market...y'know that "why do you keep bringing more junk home?" look. I have no idea where it will go but for $15 I couldn't leave it behind right?! RIGHT??! It's a great size too, 32" x 25". Maybe I'll try it at different places around the house and post back here for your opinion.
p.s. I also picked up these adorable vintage brass and crystal lamps. Except they had sadly lost most of their crystal mojo. Nothing a quick visit to eBay can't fix though. I don't have a spot for them so look for them in the Etsy shop (which is looking pretty sad inventory wise these days...working on it!) later this month.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Latest Score: Vintage faux bamboo mirror
Posted by creation of the nation at 12:49 AM
Labels: Flea Market, Latest Score, mirrors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment