Friday, April 15, 2011

Potential at Shelton's Furniture



Yesterday, one of my fantastic readers Erin posted on my Facebook page that there was some interesting campaign style furniture at my favorite local used furniture haunt - Shelton's Furniture in Raleigh. It quickly made me realize that I hadn't paid them a visit since I was there almost a year ago looking at changing table contenders for Knox's nursery. A year! Seriously, where does the time go?

For about 7 minutes, I convinced myself that I wasn't going to go because I'm not very good at walking away from a great deal and a diamond in the rough. The combination of those two things seems to make me forget about my other half dozen projects in progress and before you know it, I'm strapping a 400 lb credenza to the top of my car. But I was blinded by the idea of finding one of the 3 things still left on my furniture stalking list so off I went!

I realize many of you don't live in the Raleigh area, but I'm hoping you can still find a little inspiration in these images and the potential that lies within! Apologies in advance for the terrible iPhone photos. This is the best I could manage while holding a wiggly 6 month old.

If you do happen to live in the Raleigh area, know that everyday is 50% off day at Shelton's so don't ever accept the listed price. And of course, there is always room for negotiations.

Love this credenza and the storage it provides. Look at those hidden drawers!

photo.JPG


photo.JPG

Doesn't it remind you of Jenny's credenza that she transformed with red spray paint?




via Little Green Notebook


Holy retro-lisciousness! Look at that banquette!

photo.JPG


How about this mid-century lovely?

photo.JPG

Cleaned up and with a glossy white top, you've got something that looks like this.


via Oh Dee Doh

See how Sherry & John transformed a similar piece here.

via Young House Love

I came so close to bringing this little stool home with me. It was marked at $99 (which means you could probably get it for $40) and less than 1/4 yard of some fabulous fabric would totally transform it.

photo.JPG

via High Street Market

I found myself really intrigued by this piece too. It was pretty substantial (about 4' long) and would be a great layering piece propped on a mantle or something.


photo.JPG



I need to stop buying mirrors or it's going to look like a fun house up in here, but this curvy framed one has a lot of potential.

Mirror


In case you're decorating your spaceship...

photo.JPG

Though seriously, these were made of a thick plastic and with outdoor cushions they could make for some interesting outdoor furniture.

A campaign style bookcase. I only spotted one. Sad because I love me a pair of bookcases.

photo.JPG


Once again, look to Jenny for some inspiration on how fab these can look. See how she transformed a pair here.


Garage sale and flea market season is upon us so get out there this weekend and find yourself something fabulous!

0 Comments: