Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Latest score: Nursery details from Etsy

I'm always on the lookout for interesting vintage finds that can finish a space. Sometimes I get way ahead of myself and buy stuff I *think* I'm going to need before a space is anywhere near finished. But with nursery decorating and nesting heavily underway, I absolutely could not pass up the vintage baby sale going on at one of my fave Etsy shops High Street Market today through Friday.

I promise to share the overall design board for the nursery soon but for now, just know that it's a pretty, modern space with a few subtle "safari-ish" touches thrown in. These awesome brass elephant hooks will find a home either mounted low on the inside wall of the nursery closet, in the bathroom near the nursery for Baby's towels or maybe even downstairs in our entrance space where I'm considering creating a "dumping ground" for coats, keys, mail, etc. I got 3 of them (which means there's one left for you if you hurry!)




Just a few touches of unique pieces that aren't immediately recognizable as Pottery Barn or Target I think go a long way to creating layers of interest in a space.

Next up, artwork for the nursery. I think I could spend years of my life looking at original artwork on Etsy. I should probably do a whole post in the future on some of my favorite Etsy shops in this category because the list keeps growing. I was introduced to My Sweet Prints by my friend Nicole who spotted this adorable baby-appropriate bus roll print. I LOOOOOVE it and I love that it satisfies my previously discussed obsession with bus/subway rolls while not breaking the bank and fitting snugly into a standard IKEA Ribba frame.

0 Comments: