Current project on the docket is of course a nursery for Baby. We've recently, tentatively agreed to not find out the sex of the baby. I'm so conflicted. Of course I WANT to know. And our wonderful friends & family have all been suggesting we find out so they can purchase gender appropriate clothes. It would be SO nice to have all that help before Baby comes and to be able to design the nursery with a particular gender in mind. But I've pretty much convinced myself that I want this once in a lifetime surprise more than I want the convenience of planning and shopping. But I know it's going to be sooooo hard. I'm the person who can barely wait until Christmas morning to open gifts and regularly tears into them on Christmas Eve. So yes...this is going to be hard.
I'm working with my awesomely talented friend Nicole on the nursery design. Thus far we are headed in a yellow/white/gray color scheme with accents of marine blue. We'll throw some Kate Spade green in there if Baby ends up being a boy and some pretty coral if she's a girl. At least that's the current thinking! It's been so fun going back and forth on design elements so far and in just a couple of weeks we'll meet to officially discuss the design board for the project (which I'll share, I promise). But for now I'll share the elements/products I'm loving and hope to incorporate.
Maybe in yellow or maybe in one of my gender-specific wild card colors? Either way, Kelly Wearstler is squarely to blame for this obsession.


Speaking of changing table - it's a hot debate in our house right now. We don't really want a traditional changing table. Instead we'd like a vintage or new console that could live on in another room in the house after diaper duty is over. Nicole shared this post with me yesterday for some design inspiration. I immediately fell for this piece:
Via Design SpongePossible alternative:

Stay tuned...there's so much more to decide on! Cribs, paint, curtains, a whole closet build-out to include an Elfa system that makes it more functional. Oh the fun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment