Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bridal Show

As a lucky bridesmaid for my friend Courtney, I got to attend the Wedding Bliss Bridal Show this weekend at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Toronto

When we first arrived there was a little bridal runway show to give the brides an idea of the dresses that were available for them to try on.

There were some really nice gowns and most of them were about 50-90% off of the original price!

There were booths set up with different vendors offering a variety of services. It was interesting seeing all the different ideas and options available.

My favorite vendor was the Snapz Photo Booth, where guests can take photos in a cute photo booth. The machine prints out two copies, so that guests can put one in the guest book and take the other one home with them. It reminded me of the photo booth that John & Sherry from Young House Love used in their wedding.


We had to hop in and give it a test drive ourselves :)

There were lots of wonderful ideas for how to do your invitations and I found myself swooning over the beautiful card displays.

Its all the layers and details that make them so unique and special.


I loved the idea of Damn Heels, these cute fold up flats that come in a small little bag that expands to carry your favorite heels at the end of a long night dancing. I am always kicking my heels off and dancing barefoot by the end of every wedding. These would really save me!

There was also plenty of bridal bling to admire!

Lovely pretty things to dress up with for the big occasion.

There some displays set up with ideas for decorating your venue. I loved the fun feeling of this Caribbean Blue colour, but I don't think that the fluorescent lights did it justice.

Yummy wedding cake :)

The Bay had a wonderful display for how to pick your china for your gift registry.

There was gorgeous patterns to choice from, like this crisp white set with silver details.

Before we knew it, the bride's number was called and it was her turn to try on some gowns. I couldn't help but be in awe of how beautiful she looked :)

She didn't end up taking one home that day, but she did get a better idea of what she was looking for. There are just so many styles and designs to choose from, its overwhelming!

All this walking around had us getting hungry and thankfully a lollipop girl showed up to give us a much needed sugar high.

I'm so excited to be a part of this wonderful girl's wedding day and it was a real special treat to go to the bridal show with her and her family.

0 Comments: