Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Study in Striped Walls

I've been feeling the need to add a striped wall to our house for some time now. I got just the push I needed to move forward a few weeks ago (more on that in a future post!)

My plan is do get my stripe fix in Knox's future big boy room which currently looks like this (minus the lamp which is now gracing my new campaign dresser in our guest room).

photo(7)


Stripes come in every shape, color and size you can imagine, and virtually every combination looks good somewhere.   This is where the real trouble begins...too much pretty to pick from!

From subtle stripes...




To bold stripes...








To colorful stripes...





To vertical stripes...






Even diagonal stripes...


Of course, let's not forget ceiling stripes...


And finally, multicolored stripes...






See what I mean?!  It all looks good.  Graphic, fun, interesting...the perfect alternative to expensive wallpaper, especially in a kid's room where there's bound to be decor changeover throughout the years.  This last image is my favorite of the bunch I think. I like the width of the stripes and the subtle, graduated color application.  Yes, I believe we have ourselves a winner...

Do you have a favorite among the bunch?  Or have you already taken the plunge and gotten some stripey love in your home? Do tell!  Despite the approximate 6,539 images of striped walls I've already looked at, I could always look at a few more!


Later today I'll be posting some possible color combinations to achieve this look.  Come back, I need your opinions!

0 Comments: