Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ushanka: Thumbs up or down?


As a small child I remember my partly Russian grandparents wearing ushankas during snowy seasons and thinking how stylish they looked. My grandma had a few favourites that she only wore for special occasions & they all had a little precious jewel attached.

So as the weather is cooling down fast, more and more girls, especially in Europe opt for ushankas instead of knit hats as they add that extra va va voom to the outfit. I'm not sure if I could ever pull off this look, but bravo to the ladies above for looking so romantically-mysterious. It's as if they were straight out of an old James Bond film :) Lovelies, would you be brave enough to wear an ushanka this winter? xo

P.S: More autumn/winter trends: tomboy style, elbow patches and oh-so adorable cozy tights.
P.P.S: How to dress like a lady this autumn.

(Photos by Vanessa Jackman, The Sartorialist & Garance Doré)

0 Comments: