Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Icons and Their Stripes



I'm not sure what it is exactly that makes me swoon over the classic Breton sailing style shirts but I simply can't resist them. It must be that they ooze French chic mixed with a laidback vibe of total coolness :) It's mind-blowing to think that the whole trend started in the 1900's with the amazing Mademoiselle Chanel and her trip to the French Riviera. So, this morning I’d love to share a few of my favourite icons sporting this nautical staple to the perfection. Don't they look dashing? Do you wear stripes? xo

P.S: More adorable stripes!
P.P.S: And this whole outfit - love.

(Photos via Dapper Lane and A Lovely Being of Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Grace Kelly, Coco Chanel, Brigitte Bardot, Twiggy & Picasso)

0 Comments: