Monday, December 26, 2011

My Christmas Life by Amanda Jones of Kinfolk Magazine

First up in our Christmas Series is Amanda!
She is an awesome graphic designer, who has the cutest bangs. She writes a beautiful blog  full of amazing photographs and is the primary designer for Kinfolk magazine. She is one busy girl. Here is her Christmas Life story...Enjoy!

Christmas at my house is very simple. Our lives are so busy, that we often view Christmas as our time to rejuvenate. We don't put a lot of time into decorations, and instead focus on family the time we have together. There are always logs burning on the fireplace, wassail brewing on the stove and the sounds of christmas carols being hummed. It it easily one of my most favorite times of the year.

1. On my wishlist...


2. My Christmas reading...
Bossypants: I've been waiting for a vacation to dive in.
Kinfolk Volume 2: My copy should be arriving any day now.

3. On my door...
Grape vine coil wreath.

4. For snowy days...
Hot Cocoa in a candy cane mug.

5. My Christmas Must-haves...
Old Fashioned Peppermint Sticks: I love to stir my hot chocolate with them.
Red Long Underwear: My whole family has a pair and we wear them on Christmas morning.

6. In my stocking...
Rifle "Thank you" cards.

7. My Christmas guilty pleasure...
Since I'm a graphic designer, I put a lot of attention on our yearly christmas card. I use it as an opportunity to stock up on beautiful paper and envelopes.

8. Last year’s favorite gift...
Every time my husband and I go grocery shopping, I always say "I love the typography on that mustard can. Too bad we never use mustard." Wrapped up in my stocking last year was a little can of Coleman's mustard powder. I love small and thoughtful gifts like those.

9. For my best friend (who just happens to be my husband)...
On my tree...
My mother-in-law's vintage ornaments.

My Christmas style tip...
Just because it's Christmas, it doesn't mean that you have to wear red or green.

My Christmas isn’t complete without...
My family.

(Those cool photo layouts are by Rebecca Baust of The Daily Muse for exPress-o - Thanks, Rebecca for your help!)

0 Comments: