Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Christmas Life by Melanie Blodgett of You Are My Fave


Next up in our Christmas Life Series is Melanie, the awesome mademoiselle behind the always beautiful You Are My Fave blog. She also writes a column about being pregnant on Babble. She lives in Denver and together with her husband, Ryan they are expecting their first baby in the spring. (Congrats!). Here is her Christmas Life story. Enjoy!

My Christmas life starts out in a flurry but then around Christmas Eve things slow down and it’s lovely to take a deep breath and enjoy the quiet moments of joy from the season.

The ingredients for a perfect Christmas are: family, glowing little lights, cozy winter wear, games and decadent treats.

My favorite festive tradition is to wake up before the sun comes up on Christmas morning, sneak and admire the presents and glow from the tree then go back to sleep for a few hours excited to wake up again.

My one Christmas wish this year is for my little baby (expected to arrive in April) to keep growing big (but not too big) and strong.

1. For snowy days I hibernate, drink hot cocoa and watch movies.

2. In my stocking my mom always put a mini box of sugary cereal and it was thrilling.

3. My festive time-saver is Amazon.

4. My Christmas isn’t complete without watching Elf at least a few times.

5. My Christmas kitchen is filled with lots of chocolate treats.

6. My Christmas style tip is when in doubt, add some sparkle.

7. My Christmas reading is Luke 2.

8. My Christmas scent is wassail. I love when it simmers on the stove all day and fills the house with a sweet fragrance. I don’t even need to drink it.

9. On my wish list are pretty baubles to jazz up my snooze fest maternity wardrobe.

10. My guilty Christmas pleasure is Mariah Carey’s Christmas album. "All I Want For Christmas is You" is kind of the best.

(Photos layouts by Rebecca Baust of The Daily Muse for
exPress-o)

0 Comments: